July 31, 2006

Today's achievement: I can see my toes

And so it was back to the world of Second Life. My second visit left me feeling as baffled as my first, my main achievements after one hour being that I learned how to look at my feet, turn to face the camera, and perform a pre-programmed dance that in real life would have got me beaten up.
Depressingly, I have yet to see evidence that this artificial world welcomes ugly avatars (like mine). And there are too many people shuffling up to the on-screen mentors asking idiot questions like "Dude, where can I find a kick-ass weapon?"
In avatar experience terms, I’m clearly still a toddler. How on earth the entrepreneurs who are building business empires in this environment ever found the patience to achieve this, I’ll never know.

Tags: Online

No comments: