June 13, 2006

Mornings just got scary

Ye gads, when I saw this on Ad Critic I nearly ran and hid behind the sofa. This is the scariest ad I’ve seen for months. If the Brady Bunch mixed it with the Munchkins in an abandoned nuclear reactor, then this bunch of evil misfits would be the result. I’ve watched it a few times now and must admit it’s kind of growing on me, although if I behaved like these happy devils after drinking a cup of coffee (the brand’s Folgers, which we don’t get in the UK), I’d probably end up with a tranquiliser dart in my backside.
Non-subscribers to Ad Critic can watch the ad on Folgers' Tolerate Mornings site.
Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi

**Update** Thanks to Mike for finding another blogger who has some nice hi-res versions of this ad. Link to No Fat Clips

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chimp, thanks for suggesting that stonking Folgers ad. I pissed myself. I even dragged the Missus out of the shower at 0700 to show her a commercial, it's so obviously based on her mood first thing in the mornings. (The grumpy people, not the sunny, scary ones.) Very, very wonderful. I think I'll get the wake up song on our bedside alarm. (They should certainly get it put up iTunes.) Thanks ever so much again. tip o' the hat; Mike.
p.s I dugg (sp? as in Digg?), out a link to a higher res QuickTime version here:
http://dekku.blogspot.com/2006/06/happy-mornings.html

Now, time for coffee!

SchizoFishNChimps said...

It's hysterical, isn't it? But then hysterical can mean on the verge of madness, or blisteringly funny.
I'm a morning grump, and like acting happy just to annoy the other grumps. Folgers have really hit on something with this morning madness.

Anonymous said...

Another masturbatory fantasy.

SchizoFishNChimps said...

If shiny orange ghosts float your boat, then good luck.