May 03, 2007

Get your monkeys (no relation)

Much chucklement emerged upon spotting this pic on a nice comic-related Flickr photoset. Being a sad, only child who used to get board games at Christmas despite not having siblings to play against, I frequently considered sending off for these odd creatures spotted in comics. The thing that stopped me was the currency - I didn't have a clue how to convert my pound notes into dollars.
(Please - no Sympathy. If I wanted any I'd find it in the dictionary nestling somewhere between Shit and Syphillis)
Since then, I've had two run-ins with Sea Monkeys. The first was as a gift for my second-born. Unfortunately, we never got to see them hatch because he ate them, obviously mistaking the eggs for sherbet. The second was at the office, with one of the planning department PAs deciding to grow her own little desktop colony.
And what a disappointment. The lazy little bastards didn't even try building a castle. Obviously peasant stock.
Bin.

2 comments:

KLJ said...

I hope you'll come enjoy the sea monkeys and sea monkey art, etc. at www.SeaMonkeyGeek.com

SchizoFishNChimps said...

Haha! Brilliant! A Sea Monkey blog. One for Dave's Faves.