June 01, 2007

Heading north

I'm forsaking the glow of the plasma screens of the chimp media centre today to scout the streets of Edinburgh. Firstly, to sample that Scottish delicacy - the deep fried Mars bar and secondly, to foment rebellion in the hope that independence from England is declared. It'll make the monkey invasion a lot easier.
With no time to prepare anything profound, I'm simply regurgitating this cute Carlsberg ad made by DDB Denmark in 1999. It has a few ingredients that give it an interesting flavour: light conflict, embarrassing parents, beer, and a hint of naughtiness. Watch out for the furtive bollock fumble. Thank heavens for the Danes.

3 comments:

RFB said...

And I thought deep fried Mars bars (and other unmentionable deep frieds) were strictly an American white trash Southern thing.

I learn much from the Chimp Messiah.

SchizoFishNChimps said...

My god - you get them over there too?!

RFB said...

Come to think of it, I think the southern version might be Snickers bars. Either way, an intestinal explosion waiting to happen.