- Colours are dull and washed out.
- Dork Dad prepares to cut the overgrown lawn on his tiny 20' x 20' garden.
- Sad Mum looks on pityingly.
- Dork Dad struggles with tiddly lawnmower.
- Sad Mum, children and dog look on pityingly
- Voiceover draws a metaphor: overbearing lawn = nightmare finances
- v/o: Cut bills down to size (see what they're doing here - no imagination spared)
- Lawnmower explodes
- Sun shines.
- Lovely sharp colours.
- Dork Dad drives tractor mower.
- v/o: Bla bla bla raise money bla bla bla talk to us free.
- Everyone smiles
Funnily enough, this particularly nasty subset of the finance industry was recently investigated by the OFT after complaints about hard-sell and lack of information (e.g. interest rates of over 10%).
A few years ago Ocean ran a dreadful little ad that has been much parodied. It was awful because of its forced friendliness, lulling the gullible and the desperate into making that one phone call that would propel them into a possibly worse situation.
But wolves can be fluffy and cute and still rip your throat out.